What to expect? Here what our partner 37 NORTH is bringing... 1
What to expect? Here what our partner 37 NORTH is bringing...
1. Introduction to gravel ride: a fully supported ride for all ages and abilities to attend and feel comfortable and safe knowing there is a full support team assisting with any needs throughout the ride.
2. Advanced ride: riders will have a gps file of the route made avaialble prior to the ride. A shuttle van will provide hydration and refueling at specific locations along the route. Once all riders have completed the ride, eaten lunch and refueled, our shuttle service will load bikes and bring riders back to the Festival area.
3. Gravel informational session: 37 North will curate a round table discussion for 45 minutes, focused on the basics of gravel riding and bikepacking.
a. Local routes
b. Gravel riding and bikepacking gear
c. Common maintenance issues/things to consider related to gravel riding
d. Q & A with participants
Bentonville - Centerton
24 miles - 1335 ft
The introduction to gravel ride will take riders on a local, beginner-friendly loop in the rolling farmland West of Bentonville. These rides will be fully supported, complete with two guides, and a sag vehicle that will be close at hand should any assistance be needed. Lunch will be provided for all participants at the Festival area.
There will be two beginner rides, capped at 20 guests each. Both rides will have two guides, one being a lead and one being a sweep, and a support vehicle that will provide water, snacks, and mechanical or first aid assistance if needed.
Group A departure from Festival area: 10am Group B departure from Festival area: 11am
Price per rider (24mile): 75USD
2 groups, 40 riders max!
Advanced Ride: Arkansas high country segment
60 miles - 3750 ft
This route is the northernmost segment of the Arkansas High Country Race. Once riders reach the finishing area in Rockhouse, riders have the option to swim in the Kings River if they choose. Our team will have lunch, Body Armor hydration and Molson Coors beer waiting for riders as they finish. Once everyone has arrived and refueled, guides will load bikes onto the trailer and shuttle riders back to the Festival.
There will be two advanced rides, capped at 14 guests each. Both rides will have a support vehicle that will provide water, snacks, and mechanical or first aid assistance if needed. Planned stops will be made by the support vehicle to provide a table with snacks and hydration.
Group A departure from Festival area: 9am Group B departure from Festival area: 11am
Price per rider (60 miles): 75 USD
2 groups, 28 riders max!
Prior to the rides...
Complimentary gravel information session
1. Local Routes - Learn about the topography and layout of popular routes in NWA and specifically Bentonville.
2. Gravel Riding and Bikepackig Gear - Learn about tools that are needed for general riding, as well as what items are vital for a successful bikepacking trip.
3. Common Maintenance Issues / Things to Consider - Learn what common maintenance issues are associated with gravel riding and how to get yourself back to civilization.
4. Q & A - Come ready with any questions for our panelists of riders.
*All photographs are property of 37 north and Van Dessel bicyces.
Every rider will need to sign a waiver prior to the start
Covid19 measures will apply